The Career Education Resource Bundle contains real-world lessons on career exploration, readiness skills, and financial literacy for high school students.
Do you remember approaching high school graduation feeling unsure about your future steps?
High school students have used the words exhilarating and terrifying to describe the next stage of their lives.
From kindergarten onward, students know what comes next in their daily lives at school. Then, as high school seniors, they’re suddenly asked to make choices that will impact the rest of their lives. The decisions are both exhilarating and terrifying.
This bundle can’t solve all of your students’ problems, but the lessons and activities can relieve some of their stress and provide confidence and motivation.
Here are some common questions and answers about the Career Bundle.
Q – WHY IS CAREER EDUCATION IMPORTANT TO HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS?
A – Career education encourages students to think about their future and develop concrete plans about life after high school.
Most high school students need direction and clarity about planning for graduation and the next chapter of their lives. Career education provides career awareness and workplace knowledge to prepare teens for the future. In addition, students will explore potential careers and broaden their perspectives about career clusters and pathways.
Teachers can help students determine what they may (or may not) want to do after high school. This bundle of lessons helps students think about how to combine their talents, skills, and passions. In addition, teachers can play a vital role in assisting students in narrowing down their choices based on research and reflection.
Q – WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED IN THE CAREER BUNDLE?
A – Here are the topics included in the bundle. The bundle includes digital and print versions of many resources.
- Soft Skills – what they are, who needs them, and why – both digital and print versions are included
- Resume development – both digital and print versions are included
- Cover letters – both digital and print versions are included
- Post-Graduation Plan – a plan and action steps to prepare for life after graduation – both digital and print versions are included
- Career exploration research project – both digital and print versions are included
- Career Clusters Posters – both digital and print versions are included
- Understanding Paychecks and Pay Stubs Financial Literacy Passages and Lessons – both digital and print versions are included
- Credit and Credit Cards Financial Literacy Passages and Lessons – both digital and print versions are included
- Understanding Withholding Taxes and W-4 Forms Financial Literacy Passages and Lessons – both digital and print versions are included
- Understanding Types of Loans Financial Literacy Passages and Lessons – both digital and print versions are included
- Interview Questions – great for practicing interview skills – printable
- Career Education Posters – printable
- Character Education Activities and Posters – printables
- Career Themed Discussion and Writing Prompts (Daily Dilemmas) – printables
- Career Exploration Discussion and Writing Prompts – printables
- Graduation Goals and Reflections – both digital and print versions are included
- Interview Follow Up Thank You Letter – printable
- Resume Pocket Data Record – printable reference booklet to carry on job interviews and to complete application forms
- Career Interview Word Search – fun printable activity
These resources combine rigorous academic content with practical, helpful resources and hands-on learning. These lessons provide students with real-world situations they might encounter in the workplace.
Students will build their knowledge, and teachers love the variety and thoroughness of these lessons. So treat your students (and yourself!) to a lesson bundle everyone will love and remember.
Q – WHAT TYPES OF STUDENTS BENEFIT FROM THESE RESOURCES?
A – These career readiness activities were developed with high school students in mind. Special education students may also benefit from these activities and lessons, but please check the previews to make sure the lessons are appropriate for your students. Visit Teachers Pay Teachers to identify which resources can be customized or edited for your class.
These lessons and activities build knowledge and confidence, encourage independent thinking, and motivate students to plan for their futures.
Q – ARE GAMES AND FUN ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THIS BUNDLE?
A – This bundle does NOT include any games. The included activities are rigorous and academic in nature. The lessons aren’t fluff – they’re designed to get the job done and cover common CTE standards expected by state departments of education. These lessons don’t follow a specific state’s standards. If you’re concerned about meeting your state’s standards, please compare your state standards to the contents of this bundle to make sure it’s a good fit before purchase.
Student engagement was a high priority in the design of these activities and lessons. The activities show students how the academic skills they’re developing in class can be used in the workplace. The lessons stimulate students’ interests and provide employability skills at the same time.
Q – WHAT IF I DON’T PLAN TO USE ALL OF THE INCLUDED ACTIVITIES?
A – The activities and lessons are bundled together to save time and money for the benefit of teachers. The bundle is far less expensive than buying the lessons individually. Even if you don’t use all of the resources, purchasing the bundle may make sense financially.
Plus, if more career lessons and activities are created, they’ll be added to the bundle at no additional cost. No additional lessons or activities are promised, but if/when they are created, they’ll be added to this bundle.
The lessons and activities included in this bundle provide students with a unique opportunity to acquire and learn career information while developing their academic skills. In addition, the price of the bundle reflects significant savings over buying the resources separately.
Q – WILL MORE RESOURCES BE ADDED TO THIS BUNDLE?
A – IF more career lessons and activities are developed, they’ll be added to the bundle at no additional cost to the buyer. No additional lessons or activities are being promised, but if/when they are created, they’ll be added to this bundle.
As each resource is added to the bundle, the price will increase to reflect the added value.
The original GROWING BUNDLE guaranteed 11 resources. Those promised 11 resources were completed on January 8, 2018. Since that time, an additional 15 resources have been added!