Grab these differentiated long division worksheets FREE while boosting student success and teaching success!
You’ll LOVE these differentiated long division worksheets. They use a visual method of teaching long division that helps students learn more quickly.
Best of all, you can try this strategy out for FREE! Teachers love that this simple strategy supports each student’s needs, so it’s easy to individualize.
Long Division and Student Struggles
Long division is pretty rough for both students and teachers. The sheer number of steps is confusing for students. They can’t remember what to do next.
Teachers often find themselves relying on tricks, pneumonic devices, posters, and other activities to push students in the right direction.
Here are just some of the hang-ups that students face:
- Not knowing basic multiplication and division facts
- Confusing the steps of the long division process.
- Not aligning their numbers and columns.
- Messy handwriting – they often can’t read their own numbers!
Armed with the right method and tools, you can help your students finally understand the procedure once and for all. And it’s simple!
About Differentiated Long Division
You’ll immediately notice that these long division worksheets contain shapes. That’s the differentiation strategy.
Students quickly see the steps as they solve long division problems. In addition, the shapes on these worksheets visually guide students as they match each shape and know where to write their answers.
By simply remembering that “Circles go with circles” and “Squares go with squares,” students gain confidence that leads to success.
How Differentiated Organizers and Worksheets Help Students
These differentiated long division worksheets and organizers help students in a few different ways:
- Guide visual learners through the long division process
- Alignment of numbers and columns
- Neatness and number size – improve graphomotor skills
- Essential for visual learners and visual discrimination
- Assists visual discrimination
- Organized writing = organized thinking
Remember – Proper alignment is critical to success with multiplication and division!
How to Use Differentiated Worksheet and Organizers in Your Classroom
You can use these worksheets today to help your students:
- Differentiate and support individual student needs by providing just the right level of support.
- Scaffold and individualize as students work towards independence.
- Introduce long division to your class with these worksheets.
- Use during small group time or individually for practice and re-teaching with the teacher’s guidance focusing on needed skills.
- Re-teach and review with struggling students – they’re perfect for intervention and RTI.
- Assign as homework or independent work.
Where Can I Get These Worksheets for FREE?
Click RIGHT HERE or on the photo above to download two FREE worksheets. You’ll receive a long division organizer worksheet and a long division on graph paper worksheet. Neither worksheet has any remainders. They’re FREE to try!
More Articles about Long Division:
- How to Teach Multi-Digit Multiplication and Long Division – This blog article will introduce you to the differentiated multiplication and long division resources I have available. Then, you’ll learn exactly how I use them in my own classroom.
- Graph Paper Math Intervention – This blog article explains how to use graph paper as a quick and easy intervention resource with your students. In addition, it includes links to free printable graph paper and ideas about using it in your classroom.
More Differentiated Long Division Resources:
- Long Division Differentiated Worksheets and Organizers – Visit Teachers Pay Teachers to see the complete set of organizers and worksheets included in the original kit.
- All Division Resources – Check out ALL of the multiplication resources that I offer in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.
- 2-Digit Divisors Long Division Differentiated Worksheets and Organizers – When you get ready to move on to 2-digit divisors, this is the perfect resource to turn to for teaching advanced long division with your students.
- 2 Digit Multiplication Worksheets and Organizers – Differentiated Resource – Visit Teachers Pay Teachers to see the complete set of organizers and worksheets included in this original kit.
Articles about Multi-Digit Multiplication:
- 3 Ideas for Teaching Multi-Digit Multiplication – 3 FAST ideas for teaching multi-digit multiplication. These interventions are easy and quick for busy teachers.
- 2-Digit Multiplication Worksheets: Differentiated – Here’s a visual method for teaching 2-digit multiplication using differentiated, visual cues to guide students’ learning for success.
- 2-Digit Multiplication Made Easier! – Here’s how to use the double-digit multiplication organizers and worksheets.